Lucid is planning for the introduction of the Lucid Air design in Europe and 1 of the indicators that the sector start is close to are Euro NCAP security assessments.
In accordance to Euro NCAP, the 2022 Lucid Air impresses with a utmost 5-star ranking, which is not a shock looking at the high quality phase and the newest security know-how onboard.
The success in distinct classes are very powerful. The Grownup Occupant defense and Youngster Occupant defense are respectively 90% and 91%. Individuals are among the the greatest values in the business.
In conditions of Susceptible Street People defense, it truly is 78% (not lousy), when the Security Guide is 84%. The very last 1 is in fact a little bit of a shock,since we predicted a thing nearer to 90%.
If we evaluate the Lucid Air with the recently tested refreshed Tesla Model S, it turns out that the Design S been given an even superior rating (94% Grownup Occupant defense, the identical 91% Youngster Occupant defense, a significantly larger Susceptible Street People defense – 85%, and a a great deal larger Security Guide – 98%).
In accordance to the quick summary of the Euro NCAP consequence, the examined Lucid Air GT’s body weight is two,371 kg. That is noticeably larger than regular, but BEVs with massive batteries transpire to be significant.
2022 Lucid Air Euro NCAP exam success:
- Grownup Occupant defense – 90 per cent
- Youngster Occupant defense – 91 per cent
- Susceptible Street People defense – 78 per cent
- Security Guide – 84 per cent
See all facts here.
Crash assessments include things like:
- Frontal effect exam – 50% of the width of the vehicle is hanging an oncoming deformable barrier (the two touring at 50 km/h/31 mph)
- Frontal effect exam – the vehicle impacts a rigid comprehensive-width barrier at 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Facet effect exam – a cell deformable barrier impacts the driver’s doorway at 60 km/h (37.three mph)
- Pole exam – the examined vehicle is propelled sideways into a rigid pole at 32 km/h (20 mph)